Things to do with kids during Christmas 2019 in Valencia
Christmas in Valencia is a very special time for families, especially children. Families can count on a large number of traditional events that children of all ages will be sure to enjoy. Find out the options here to spend an incredible Christmas with your children in Valencia. We have prepared a selection of kid-friendly activities for you:
Just like the year before, this year, Torrent will be the venue for the biggest Playmobil exhibition in the Valencian Community to date. Mark your calendars from December 11, 2019 until January 12, 2020. This incredible exhibition will have more than 1700 square meters devoted to fans and collectors of Playmobil to show their best creations in 13 different dioramas. There will be three weekends of a Playmobil market with vendors from all over Spain, featuring large to small exhibitions for children and adults of all ages. You can’ t afford to miss this event!
2. Christmas in Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències de Valencia
As every year, the Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències prepares its family Christmas. This year, they have organized numerous activities for both adults and children starting on December 13th. You will be able to choose between Christmas workshops, musical performances, a puppet theater and wide gastronomic offerings in food trucks.
You can also go Christmas shopping at the craft market. The surprises will be unbeatable!
Among the main workshops will be:
- Christmas face painting from December 14 to 25
- Ballooning on December 15th, 22nd, 27th, 28th and 29th
- Decoration workshop from December 14 to 24
- Eva rubber workshop on December 20 and 21
- Workshop with egg shells from December 26 to January 6
- Painting workshop for Three Kings from December 26 to January 6
- Recycled figures from December 29 to January 5
- Reindeer with walnuts workshop on December 14 and 15
- Christmas painting workshop from December 14 to 25
- Candle workshop from December 15 to 23
You may also enjoy:
- Storytelling on December 19th and 20th
- Magic of the Elves on December 19 and 20
- Puppets on December 14, 22, 23, 27, 28 and 29
- Christmas costume contest on December 22nd
- Santa Claus on December 23rd and 24th
- Christmas elf on December 21st and 22nd
- Magic fairy on December 19th and 20th
- Pep Botifarra “Cançons de Nadal” on December 28th
- Nutcracker train
- Tio vivo da vinci
- Bouncy castles
- Medieval drumstick
- Flying dragons
- Musical ludoteca (free)
- Games (free)
3. Ice rink in Nuevo Centro
During all of December until January 6 you can enjoy the traditional Christmas Fun On Ice located in the rink at the C.C Nuevo Centro. Families will be sure to have fun on the ice practicing this traditional winter activity. The rink will be open to both children and adults. The price of entry is €8 for 30 minutes, including skates. This is undoubtedly one of the most traditional Christmas plans you shouldn’t miss!
4. Christmas Markets
During Christmas, Valencia becomes a venue for numerous markets and fairs with seasonal products located in different parts of the city. In these markets, you will not only find incredible items to give to your loved ones, but you will also enjoy an incomparable Christmas family atmosphere. In addition, Valencia’s Christmas markets and fairs offer a great variety of decorative elements, Christmas trees and Belenes so you can decorate your home with your children and enjoy together the spirit of the season.
So far, these are the confirmed markets:
- Christmas market at Mas Camarena Resort (November 30)
- il Market at the Ruzafa School. Special “all for one Euro” (December 8)
- Christmas Crafts Fair in Plaza de la Reina (from November 29 to January 6)
- Christmas market in the centre (from November 29 to January 6)
- Mostra de Artesanía at the Colón Market (from December 12 to January 5)
- El Creativo, design market at the Ruzafa School (December 14 and 15)
- Christmas Market at the City of Arts and Sciences (from December 14 to January 6)
- HoHoHo! Nadal Market in Tapinería Market (from December 19 to January 5)
5. Circos en Navidad
One of the most traditional activities of the Valencian Christmas is the family visit to the circuses around the city. Children will enjoy amazing shows and the unique magic that circuses offer!
Among the options are:
- Wonderland Circus: this circus will offer ‘Inframundo,’ a totally renewed show with surprising attractions accompanied by live music. It is located on Avenida Pío Baroja, opposite Bioparc and takes place from November 29 to January 12.
- Ante The Magnificient: The Teatro La PlaZeta premieres an impressive circus show that will amaze everyone. The performance includes trapeze artists, acrobats, magicians… and many more surprises. It will be open from December 23rd to January 4th.
- Circus Raluy Legacy: this circus arrives with a new show #THEMAGICFORMULA. It is an incredible show that combines fun, humor and magic for the whole family. It is located in La Marina de València from December 5 to February 2.
- Great Circus Alaska: this circus returns this year with new shows. It will offer a 3D hologram animal show and Scaramouche’s musical, ‘The Lion King’. The show takes place from December 5th to January 12th.
6. Valencia Christmas Funfair 2019
Once again in December, the Christmas Attraction Fair arrives in Valencia. Music, lights and the best Christmas atmosphere will invade the city. This Christmas attraction fair will be open from December 1st to January 22nd and will undoubtedly be one of the best ways to enjoy the season with children! The place to go is between Calle Ingeniero Manuel Soto and Av. de Francia, where there will be controlled parking for visitors.
7. Christmas in the Town Hall Square
Valencia’s town hall square will be filled with Christmas trees and lights to create the best festive environment for all Valencian families and tourists during the holidays. The square will be framed by twelve Christmas trees in different parts. It will definitely be the main meeting spot to enjoy Christmas activities. There will be a carousel, ice rink, Christmas train, gastronomic stands and many other fun things to do. Visiting this square is a must-do during Valencia’s Christmas season.
8. San Silvestre Christmas Race 2019
This race is one of the most popular Christmas activities in Valencia. It is a fun sporting event to run with family and friends while wearing costumes. The last race of the year will take place on Monday December 30 in the streets of downtown Valencia.
Without a doubt, this is a really fun family plan where the little ones will have a great time. Do not miss the thrill of participating in one of the most traditional Valencian events!
9. Breakfast with Santa Claus at Hard Rock Café
Next Sunday, December 15, the Hard Rock Cafe brings Santa in to have breakfast with the kids. This is a Christmas breakfast where your kids will have a great time together with the most iconic personality of the season. The activity will take place from 10:00 to 13:00h. Children will enjoy a unique experience by meeting Santa Claus and handing him their letters personally. There will be a special menu with options for adults and children. Places are limited so don’t wait to book a seat for your kids by sending an email to email@example.com.
10. Ben & Holly’s Little Kingdom in Valencia
The Flumen Theatre will present one of the most popular children’s television shows of the moment. The characters of the series, “The Little Kingdom of Ben and Holly”, come to Valencia to surprise the smallest members of the family. The event will take place on December 21st and 22nd. On these days, all the characters of the show will be on stage to tell the kids amazing stories. Enjoy the wisdom of the Wise Old Elf and the magic of Nanny Plum. Your kids won’t want to miss this show, so book early!
Hopefully, our list of things to do with your kids in Valencia during Christmas will help you enjoy this beautiful time of the year. If you liked this post, please don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter to stay up-to-date with top places and activities for kids in Valencia. Also, please check our other blog posts with lots of fun activities, events and locations in Valencia for the whole family.